Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Have a Seat

Peanut loves to sit.

It is not that she stays sitting or still for very long, but she absolutely adores finding places to sit. Once, when we were at Abuelita's house, Peanut kept leaving the room we were in and going toward the stairs. I thought that she was interested in climbing as she can go up and down for hours, but when I followed her she would just go to the bottom stair, turn around, and sit. Looking in the den I realized that we were all sitting on chairs, but there was nothing Peanut-sized to sit on. One sturdy shoebox later, we were in business. Damn the stairs; I have a real seat now!

But shoeboxes aren't the end of it. Who hasn't looked at your dustpan and thought, "That looks perfect," and hunkered right down?

Or what about building blocks? They may look sharp and uncomfortable, but they do keep your tush off the floor! And if you take aaaallll the blocks out of their container...well, then you have yet another place to sit.


The little chairs at church are ideal and can keep Peanut's attention even when some of the service may not.


So as she grows older, make sure you know that if you invite the Nutter to come in and sit a spell, it is an invitation she will never refuse. Just put your dustpan away first.

No comments:

Post a Comment