Yeah, so Rio de Janeiro is WAY cool. You should totally plan to go there after you visit us. :)
Peanut must have also been impressed because the kicking started there, and it ain't never turning back. It is nothing quite so strong as the picture on our earlier post (which I quite frankly can't decide is real or not), but I have officially seen my shirt move and Peanut even bumped our little computer up and down a few minutes ago. Wild. I am not sure this experience reduces the sense of alien being inhabiting your body, but we are just hoping the nutter is more friendly than any movie counterparts.
We also know that Peanut's ears are now supposed to be in the right place (thank goodness, they were moving for weeks), and the eyes are able to distinguish light from dark. Dra. Lily (regular doc, not OB) told us that we are supposed to shine a light on my belly through a colored cloth and tell Peanut what color it is. Thus, not so regularly, we press my shirt on my belly and say, "Esta es ROJA Peanut" (This is RED Peanut) and proceed to name all the things we encounter regularly that are red. This is more challenging with purple once you get past eggplants and the color Mama Kit mistakenly died her hair one Easter, so feel free to add your suggestions.
At any rate, in Rio, on the top of Corcovado (where the big Christ statue is, see above) we decided that if we could tell Peanut what color something was, we could show Peanut what Rio was too...so we have included a small video for your viewing...giggles. :)

Were you wearing a bikini top?! (It WAS Rio, after all!) ;)
ReplyDeleteDude, that picture from the earlier post could definitely be real. Had a few of those moments with my Lucas belly (but not with my Jesse belly). I would push his foot and he'd push back. Creepy and fun!
Good thing you are not trying to fill that prescription in the U.S. you'd probably get dispensed the generic equivalent. I wonder what else you can teach peanut in utero?
ReplyDeletei never got really good kicks - i guess there wasn't enough room? I too am hoping you wore the bikini top. :-)
ReplyDelete