Sunday, August 15, 2010

G.I.T. and the Corral

My dad came to visit this past week.  He now signs his emails G.I.T. - Grandfather in Training.  He was only here for a short time, but he too brought a boat load of things down (okay, an extra suitcase, but these suitcases are jammed people) courtesy of a lot of pre-shopping done by my step-mother Libby.  I am now suited out with all the accouterments for breast feeding and pumping, my fair share of Combos and protein bars, first-aid supplies, and...of course...Cheerwine.

We took dad to church, to our grocery store, to the Museum of the Caribbean, and of course to the office on the grounds of Reformed University, but mostly we just hung out.  Dad loves to observe and people watch, so he was pretty content wherever we were, whether it was waiting for lunch in the food court, checking out the patrons of Crepes and Waffles, or marveling at the differences between north and south Barranquilla.  We were really sorry that Libby, Rob, and Jean could not make it down with him, but being a G.I.T. is tough work and there was some pretty heavy lifting going on.  It might have been safer for them at home this time. 

Here is the evidence...


G.I.T. and the Corral from Richard Williams on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. "How many men does it take to...?"

    Hey, Grandpa David looks fantastic!

    You guys are getting so close to the big day! Woo hoo! (That box of diapers is ready to go, too!)

    ReplyDelete