Thursday, September 2, 2010

Laying Bets

Okay, we are now close enough to B-day, or P-day, or whatever, to really lay down some odds.  When we first told our families about Peanut back in March, the first thing Richard's sister Laura did was to jump up and get some paper to record the family predictions.  I am not sure what the prize is for the winner, but rest assured the cut-throat Williams competition lives on.

Margaret, Richard's mom, sent us those predictions the other day as a reminder, and I thought I would open up the field a little bit...make this more interesting.  

So, if you want in, here is your chance.

Due date according to medical science: Sept 21 
(to be fair, the due date in March at aforementioned prediction time was said to be Sept 25 - do with that information what you will.  All entries will be judged by actual reality.)

Entry requirements:
  • You must be of legal age, or at least know how to leave a comment on a blog.  Only blog comments will be registered as official entries.  No separate email messages accepted.
  • You may enter only once.  (I mean really, it's not a drawing people.)
  • Winner(s) will receive some sort of prize that no one has yet determined.  This will not be anything gross.
  •  Final entries must be received by Sept 8.

    You must provide the following information:  
    (We'll see how savvy I am after I have a newborn as to whether each field will be judged separately or whether some system for figuring out the closest person all the way around suddenly occurs to me.)
    1. Name (YOURS, not one you are picking for the Peanut.  That is NOT the prize...)
    2. Baby's Gender
    3. Birth Weight
    4. Birth Date
    A later post will provide you with information on your competition, and, of course, an even later one with the winner(s).
    All the best.

    18 comments:

    1. For some reason, I thought your due date was the 11th and had hoped for a 9/9 baby (like me!). But if you say the 25th, I'll go for the 23rd because it's the full moon. ;)

      So that's #4.
      1)MamaV
      2)female
      3)6 lbs. 2 oz.

      you forgot hair color: reddish blonde. ;)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Can I adapt a due date? A week is a whole lot of time to be off in the end of the third trimester.... Best I remember, I was thinking October, and that is b/c I was 5 days 'overdue'....just saying...

      ReplyDelete
    3. I thought you were having a legume?

      Date: September 28 (Amber's birthday)
      1) James N.
      2) Girl
      3) 3.5 Kg (~7.8 #)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Aunt Alice,aka Yaya
      Girl
      September 29 (28 already taken)
      7 lbs 11oz

      ReplyDelete
    5. 1). Kelly and Sandra
      2). Boy
      3). 7.2#
      4). Sept 17

      ReplyDelete
    6. Dang, I missed the cut-off! ;-) Sorry to hear about bedrest. Sending prayers!

      ReplyDelete
    7. 1) Leanne
      2) Boy
      3) 7lbs 8oz
      4) September 23rd

      ReplyDelete
    8. 1. Beth
      2. Girl
      3. 6 lbs 12 oz
      Sept 23

      ReplyDelete
    9. 1. Jessica
      2. Boy
      3. 7 lbs, 2.5 oz.
      4. September 17

      ReplyDelete
    10. Younger Tim posting for Elder Tim.

      1. Hazel
      2. Female
      3. 7 even
      4. 2 days past due.

      This will be revised if I am reporting it wrong.

      ReplyDelete
    11. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Carey Benton-Jewett (aka GREAT Aunt Carey)
      Girl
      7 lbs.
      Sept 27th

      ReplyDelete
    13. 1. Tim Jewett (Elder)
      2. Hazelnut
      3. 7 Pounds even
      4. 2 days past due.
      Delete the above if possible.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Abueltia Kit
      Girl
      6 lbs. 8 oz.
      September 23rd

      ReplyDelete