I mentioned in my last post that we had been in Medellín. For those of you who do not know, Richard and I are in love with Medellín. It is just lovely, nestled in a valley with mountains all around. The temperature there is basically always in the 60s and 70s, and it is lush and green. There are lots of great parks, a light rail system public transit with gondolas that take you up the mountain sides, a beautiful (and free) botanical garden, and public art everywhere. Okay so it also has some gangs and violence problems, but hey...who doesn't?
Anyway, we all traveled to Medellín last week for a gathering between Winnebago Presbytery (Wisconsin) and Urabá Presbytery (Colombia). I got a little over-zealous and packed a completely unnecessary piece of long underwear, but I did get to wear long sleeves; it was quite a treat. We pulled out the 4 things we have with long sleeves for Peanut plus the completely snazzy hat that Diane knitted for us, and we took off.
Peanut was the absolute star of the meeting with everyone passing her around and offering to hold her. The Winnebagans brought her a Green Bay Packers rattle (see above photo) and promised to come back and visit her. The folks from Urabá were thrilled to meet her since they had "met" her when I was there and 6 months pregnant. Photos abounded. In fact, few of the photos that follow were taken by our camera...
As Peanut was sicky, we got caught in the clash of even more competing parenting advice:
- the fresh air will do her good!
- cover her up, the breeze will make her sick!
- don't wrap her up so tight, she doesn't like it!
- keep her wrapped tight, they like it!
- you should not keep her in that Bjorn all the time - try different positions!
- keep her upright in the Bjorn, she seems most comfortable that way!
- etc...and yes, they all did end in exclamation points!
| Planes... |
| Trains... |
| Trams... |
| and Gondolas?! |

No automobiles?! Did I mention that we miss you?
ReplyDeleteThis is the kind of post that would delight Lucas! I'll show him tomorrow!
ReplyDelete